Monday, January 09, 2006

 

Night Market Bustle


Night Market Bustle
Originally uploaded by zekkelley.

The first post concerning Chiang Mai is about the night market. I arrived Sunday afternoon, found a gusthouse to stay at, and rapidly found that all the nearby roads were being closed to vehicles; I soon found this to be due to the large number of people setting up shop and the increasingly larger number of people walking through the streets. The night market was about to begin so I went and got my camera...

I thought the most visually appealing aspect of the market was the many lights being sold



Other than the lights, it was fairly normal for a market like that in Thailand with various nicknacks being sold and, as there was such an incredibly high percentage of the night market visitors being foreigners, probably a bit more souvenirs than normal.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?